UniLeisure Travel believes that conducting business responsibly is the only way to do business in a sustainable manner, in Myanmar as in any other country, for MSME as for big corporations.
As a representative of UniLeisure Travel, a member of Building Markets, I confirm that the below principles should guide the business practices of the company, and on behalf of UniLeisure Travel, I commit to take the necessary actions that will drive the company towards alignment with those principles.
Those principles will be reflected in our relationships with our employees, our clients and our partners, integrated in our proposals and bids, and will serve as a foundation for our sustainable development.
- Maintain workplaces that are free from any form of discrimination, physical and verbal harassment.
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Create and maintain an environment that treats all employees with dignity and respect.
- Contribute to protection and preservation of the environment.
- Promote initiatives to reduce the impact on the environment, particularly through the use of environmentally-friendly technologies.
- Identify and manage chemical and other materials posing a hazard if released to the environment to ensure their safe handling, movement, storage, recycling or reuse and disposal. Reduce or eliminate, if possible, waste of all types, including water and energy.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the workplaces, machinery, equipment and processes are safe and without risk to health.
- Provide adequate protective clothing and protective equipment to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, risk of accidents or of adverse effects to health.
- Anticipate, identify and assess emergency situations and events and minimize their impact by implementing emergency plans and response procedures, including employee notification and evacuation procedures, worker training and drills, appropriate fire detection and suppression equipment, adequate exit facilities and first-aid supplies.
- Prohibit child and forced labour.
- Treat all employees equally and fairly.
Promote and increase the level and quality of employment for women and people with disabilities.
- Respect the rights of workers to associate or not to associate with any group.
- Provide employees with written employment contracts.
- Comply with all wage and hour laws and regulations.
- Base recruitment, hiring, placement, training, compensation, and advancement on qualifications, performance, skills and experience.
- Provide employees with trainings and/or support them to participate to trainings, courses, workshops, conferences that can contribute to the improvement of their job and career.
Anti-corruption and Integrity
- Refuse to give or receive bribes, kickbacks, gifts or gratuities or any other payments for favorable treatment.
- Avoid agreements or actions that illegally restrain trade or restrict competition.
- Disclose any situation that may appear as a conflict of interest.
- Maintain accurate books and records in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Develop and implement internal policies, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, transparence, accountability and means of control.
For questions and remarks related to our sustainability / CSR policies please contact
Mr. Khine Pyi Soe (email@example.com)
Those principles abides by the principles of the Global Compact (www.unglobalcompact.org).
Further reading on what is Building Markets. Kindly visit http://www.buildingmarkets.org/ to learn more.